Roasted Zucchini and Potato SoupA creamy and smoky soup
Bruno de Lamo Peitz
1 yellow onion
2 medium sized potato
500ml veggie stock
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 a Tablespoon of black pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1-2 tablespoons of dried herbs (e.g. Parsley, Rosemary and/or Basil)
Optionally some fresh herbs for garnish
Salt to taste
Note: if you do not have an oven I recommend cooking it in a pan on low-medium heat until golden brown and add some water if needed to cook the potatoes through. Then proceed as usual.
- Roughly chop potatoes, onions, garlic and zucchini. Put everything except the zucchini in a bowl with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and a Tablespoon of dried herbs as well as the black pepper and salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 10min.
- While that is baking add the zucchini into the before used bowl and add the rest of the olive oil, herbs and some salt. Add the zucchini to the baking tray after the 10min.
- Bake it another 20min all together. Make sure everything is cooked through and slightly golden brown.
- Heat up vegetable stock (homemade or with a brick; both works) in a large pot and add all the Ingredients from the oven in the pot.
- Mix and cook it for two minutes and then blend. Adjust the consistency by letting it cook down or adding more water. Season to taste.
- Serve it in a bowl with a sprinkle of olive oil and fresh herbs :)