Stuffed Bell Peppersa plant-based version of stuffed bell peppers
Bruno de Lamo Peitz
80g rice, couscous or bulgur
1/4 of a garlic
4 bell peppers
2 limes or one lemon
Spices: cumin, paprika, salt and bell pepper
A handful of fresh herbs: mint, parsley or cilantro
- After washing, cut the zucchini, carrot, onion and leek into fine pieces.
- The lentils and rice (or couscous/bulgur) are cooked separately.
- Meanwhile, the vegetables are sautéed in a large pan with decent olive oil for about 10min. While cooking, 3 tbsp of cumin and 3 tbsp of paprika powder is added.
- The lentils and rice are mixed with the vegetables in the pan. Add finely chopped herbs and the juice of two limes or a lemon. To finish, you can adjust pepper and salt to taste.
- The mixture is then stuffed into half seeded peppers. They are put in the preheated oven 200 degrees for 15min