Spicy Parsnip SoupDelicious warming and comforting
BBC Good Food
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds, plus extra to garnish
½ tsp ground turmeric
½ tsp mustard seeds
1 large onion, cut into 8 chunks
2 garlic cloves
675g parsnips, diced
2 plum tomatoes, quartered
1.2l vegetable stock
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. In a bowl, mix together 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp ground turmeric and ½ tsp mustard seeds.
- Add 1 large onion, cut into 8 chunks, 2 garlic cloves, 675g parsnips, diced, and 2 quartered plum tomatoes and mix well.
- Spread over a heavy baking sheet, then roast for 30 mins until tender.
- Spoon into a food processor or liquidiser with 600ml vegetable stock and process until smooth.
- Pour into a pan with the remaining 600ml vegetable stock, season, then heat until barely simmering.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice. Garnish with cumin seeds