PistoTry this Spanish dish packed with veggies
Bruno de Lamo Peitz
2 yellow onions
1 zucchini or aubergine (eggplant): whatever you prefer or have at home.
1 red bell pepper (paprika)
500g of tomatoes: optionally canned tomatoes.
Salt and olive oil
- Thoroughly wash all your vegetables and cut them all except of the tomatoes into even cubes (if you are using aubergine let the cubed aubergine rest with some salt for 5min before rinsing it off)
- Add the onions to a pan at medium/high heat with some olive oil and salt.
- When the onions start becoming golden add zucchini/aubergine and bell pepper
- After 5min add the tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of paprika powder
- Cook on medium heat till you can no longer taste the acidity of the tomatoes (roughly 15-20min).
- Taste and season if needed and lastly let it rest for 10min away from the flame.
- Recommended serving: it is eaten with rice or bread and a fried egg on top, vegan friends can leave the egg out.