Miso & Brown Butter Zucchini LoafA flavorful, spiced zucchini loaf!
Lahbco on Instagram
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2c brown sugar
1/2c white sugar
1/2 c olive oil
1/4 cup yogurt
1/4 cup salted butter
1 tbsp white miso
- In a saucepot, heat the butter over medium-low heat until melted. Stir and cook the butter until slightly golden and the milk solids in the butter begin to brown. Whisk in the miso until incorporated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda/powder, cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg until combined. Set aside.
- Shred the zucchini, skin included. Using a cheesecloth or thin kitchen towel, wring out as much moisture as possible and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, olive oil, white sugar, brown sugar, yogurt, and miso-brown butter until combined, about 2 minutes. Stir in the shredded zucchini.
- Pour the wet batter into the dry. Using a spatula, fold the ingredients together until just combined. Grease a 9x3 loaf pan with butter and line it with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and set aside.
- To make frizzled onions, thinly slice 1/2 an onion, vertically. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a shallow pan over medium-low heat. Cook the onions, stirring frequently, until slightly golden brown. Remove and blot with a paper towel to remove excess oil. Sprinkle onions on top of the batter.
- Bake the loaf in the center rack of the oven for 60-70 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. Cover the loaf with aluminum foil 25 minutes in.
- Serve with butter and flaky salt.