Honey Harissa Carrots With Whipped FetaDelicious, spicy sweet carrots on a bed of creamy whipped feta, perfect with some warm flatbreads 🥕
500g Heritage Carrots (With Their Tops) - regular carrots can also work!
½ Tsp Cinnamon1 Lemon
300g Thick Greek Yoghurt
400g Tin of Chickpeas
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Rose Harissa Paste
- Heat your oven to 190°C. Trim the green tops off your carrots, then toss them into a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil, cinnamon and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 30 mins.
- Finely chop a handful of your carrot tops until you have about 2 tbsp worth. (You can use herbs such as parsley here instead). Add them to a pestle and mortar with the juice of a lemon and a drizzle of olive oil, then bash until you have a chunky green sauce.
- Add your yoghurt into a medium-sized mixing bowl and crumble in your feta finely. Whisk until the feta has totally incorporated, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain your chickpeas and toss them onto your carrot roasting tray. Return them to the oven for 15 mins until they are crisp.
- Mix your honey and harissa paste together in a bowl. Pour your honey and harissa paste onto your carrots and chickpeas and give them a toss until they are all coated.
- Spoon your whipped feta yoghurt onto a serving plate and top it with your chickpeas and carrots. Drizzle with your carrot top oil, then serve and enjoy with bread to dip into it.