Easy Couscous SaladA simple & yummy way to use up some veggies! 🥗
100g dried couscous
1/2 tsp paprika, cumin, chilli
Salt and pepper
400g tin chickpeas
2 spring onions
1/3 iceberg lettuce
2 tbsp tahini
Juice of a lemon
Handful of parsley
- Mix together the couscous, spices, salt and pepper into a bowl. Pour boiling water over the couscous until it is a thumbs width above, and cover with a plate.
- Leave the couscous to steam for around 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile drain and rinse the chickpeas, and prepare you vegetables. Grate the carrot and thinly slice the tomatoes, spring onions, lettuce, and cucumber.
- Check on the couscous, and if ready, remove plate and fluff with a fork. Leave to cool.
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, pouring over the tahini and the juice of the lemon.
- Serve by itself as an easy quick lunch, or top with some avocado or hummus.