Crispy Mushroom PancakesFor too long, vegans have been made to go without crispy duck pancakes. No more. 🦆
400g King Oyster Mushrooms
3 Tbsp Cornflour
1 ½ Tbsp Chinese Five Spice
6 Spring Onions
180g Hoisin Sauce
12 Chinese Pancakes
- Tear your mushrooms into shreds with your hands. Toss them in a bowl with your cornflour, five spice and pinch of salt, then toss to coat.
- Heat a generous glug of vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add ¼ of your mushrooms, then fry for a few mins until crispy. You may need to flip them over. Remove from the pan and drain on a tray lined with kitchen paper, then continue with your remaining mushrooms.
- Add 2 tbsp of your hoisin sauce to your mushrooms, and toss to coat.
- Julienne your cucumber and spring onions.
- Warm up your Chinese pancakes.
- Serve your crispy mushrooms with your remaining hoisin sauce, cucumber and spring onions in your pancakes.