Chioggia beet carpaccioA summery side salad!
2 chioggia beets
2 handfuls lamb's lettuce or other greens
25g walnuts, toasted
100g soft goat's cheese
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Peel the beets and then slice them very thinly with a mandolin or sharp knife.
- Place the beet slices on a plate, like a carpaccio.
- In a bowl, mix the lamb's lettuce with a tsp of lemon juice and a tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place a handful of the lamb's lettuce in the center of the beet slices.
- Partially chop the walnuts in half and scatter over the plates.
- Scatter the sliced goat cheese on top.
- Slice or quarter the fig and give it a nice spot in the middle with the salad.
- Drizzle with good olive oil mixed with honey and some more lemon juice and zest. Enjoy!