Celeriac schnitzelPerfect veggie alternative 🥕
Board member Fran
Broth (e.g. vegetable stock)
Spices of choice (like paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper)
Butter or oil to fry
- Remove the peel of the celeriac and cut it into 1cm thick slices.
- Boil in a broth of choice until it starts to soften, but don't let it get too soft! Turn off the heat and let it cool in the broth to absorb the flavour. If you want to do this step ahead, you can leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Make a mix of breadcrumbs, spices, and parmesan cheese.
- Dry the slices of celeriac with some kitchen towel and coat them in flour, then in egg, and then in the breadcrumb mix. If you want it to be extra crunchy, coat them twice.
- Fry in butter like a regular schnitzel and enjoy! This is super yummy with some mashed potatoes and oyster mushroom sauce if you're feeling fancy 😉