'Caramel' Pumpkin with Garlic YoghurtA cozy meal for the winter!
800g pumpkin or butternut squash
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1 clove garlic, crushed or grated
1 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup honey
110g tomato ketchup
1/2 tsp ginger root, grated
1 tsp ground coriander
For the yoghurt
1/4 tsp garlic, grated
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup yoghurt
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into 2cm pieces.
- In a deep saucepan, fry the pumpkin in the oil and turn until lightly browned.
- Mix garlic, water, salt, honey, tomato sauce, ginger, coriander, and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the sauce to the pumpkin, cover with a lid and cook for 20-25 minutes until the pumpkin is soft. You can remove the lid to let most of the sauce evaporate.
- Mix garlic, salt, and yoghurt for the sauce.
- Serve with rice or flatbread and optionally some greens on the side.