Beetroot and Feta PastaColorful pink pasta! 🍝
200g feta cheese
20g fresh dill, finely chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice (out of a bottle or fresh)
extra olive oil, for drizzling
For the sauce
600g cooked beetroot, drained
100ml olive oil
1 tsp fine salt
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 large red chilli (with or without seeds)
- Cook the pasta following the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Put the beetroot into a blender and add the olive oil, salt, garlic and chilli. Blend to a smooth paste. Put half of the sauce into a small zip-lock freezer bag, seal and freeze – now you have another batch of the sauce ready for another meal.
- Crumble the feta cheese into a bowl, add the chopped dill, then drizzle over the lemon juice and mix.
- Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, drain and put back into the pan. Pour in all that beautiful beetroot sauce and mix through. Tip out on to a serving dish and sprinkle over all the feta and dill mixture.
- Drizzle with a little extra olive oil for good measure before serving.