Apple and Pear crumbleDelicious and heartwarming dessert to try 🍐
Board member Emma
60g rolled oats
75g light brown sugar
30g sunflower seeds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
250g apples, peeled and cut into chunks
250g pears, peeled and cut into chunks
50g caster sugar
Ice cream or whipped cream, to serve
- Melt your butter in the microwave or a pan.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Tip pears and apples into a wide shallow baking dish (around 3 cups/750ml capacity) and stir in the caster sugar and cornstarch.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, sunflower seeds and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir through your melted butter. Spoon the topping onto the apples and pears to cover.
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve with ice cream or whipped cream 😊